TwoGether

TwoGether
Ready for a New Adventure

Friday, September 12, 2014

Day 6:  9/12/14

We departed Strubridge and headed across I-90 (Mass. Turnpike) to I-495 east to Wareham where it turns into MA 25, then to Falmouth.  We found Sippewisset Campgrounds (we call it Sippen’whiskey) around noon and decided to take the day and rest up.  Well I got to rest…Linda did the laundry.  




Sippewisset Campgrounds is quite wooded, hilly, with winding driveways and our campsite is tucked into a cut-out in a hill side.  Very Cozy!   

There are cabins available to rent.





They are also agents for tickets aboard the ferries to Martha's Vineyard.  Trying to get a late-comer ticket for the car ferry is almost impossible. Reservations must be made days and sometimes weeks in advance. 

 Sippewisset offers a shuttle service that will take us to the passenger ferry in the morning and pick us up in the late afternoon.  While on the island there is a bus service that will take us to the different towns. Like the Greyhound advertisement said years ago..."Leave the driving to us."  That works for me!
Nap time.
The campground sits next to the half-way point on Shining Sea Bikeway.  Along the Bikeway there is a place where you can see the marsh and the ocean beyond.  The shoreline is quite a distance at this point and is hidden by the foliage on the trees.








Dark Eyed Junco









The inscription on this picture reads:
Wompanoag Chief Flying Eagle Earl Mills, Sr.
“It was a sunny day with a gentle breeze.  I was walking on the Shining Sea Bikeway that meanders across Mother Earth, into the woodlands and approached the wetlands.  I had a feeling of wonder.
My mind’s eye wandered to Father Sky, and I couldn’t help but be moved.  I thought about the southwest direction from which the corn, beans and squash had come.  The Bikeway we know today may have very well been a path my people traversed.  If I had lingered longer in this meditation place, I may well have heard the voices and the drums.”
I have spoken,
Chief Flying Eagle. 

 As we walked back from the bikeway we were surprised to find three teepees in the woods.  They are available to rent from the campgrounds.

Big Chief Who Drive




Little Chief Who Tell Big Chief Where To Go

Visit my teepee...I keep you wigwam.

Sippewisset Camp grounds:  41° 34’39.17 N           70° 37’44.66”W



No comments:

Post a Comment